Personal Message From Super John McGinlay
Dear fellow Wanderer,
On 6th January 2016 in the Premier Suite at the Macron, I shared an emotional and passionate evening with a thousand fellow Whites fans. At the open meeting, we heard about what a Supporters’ Trust could achieve in giving the BWFC fans a voice in the governance of our wonderful club. The guys from Pompey told us about the troubles they had been through and how their Trust was helping to rescue and rebuild their own club.
After hearing their impressive story, we were asked to vote on whether we wanted to go ahead and form our very own Supporters’ Trust. The unanimous, yes, UNANIMOUS vote to go ahead and form the BWFCST made me feel proud to be a Wanderer and humbled to be associated with you wonderful fans. Acting on your mandate to form the Trust, Mike, Chris and Ian worked tirelessly with Supporters Direct to press ahead with your wishes. On 15th January 2016, the Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust was formally registered in record time. On 18th January 2016, our club was put through the ignominy and embarrassment of facing a winding up hearing in the High Court. After 2 adjournments, our proud and historic club was within minutes of being wound up and banished from existence.
I appeal to you to help make sure that this never happens again. On the crest of the passionate wave that was generated on the 6th January, you magnificent Whites fans showed your support and registered your pledges to become members of the BWFCST. Well then, I’m pleased to say that the Trust bank account is now open and it’s time to turn those pledges into memberships. The Trust Steering Group are a committed and dedicated group of lifelong BWFC fans, who are working tirelessly towards establishing your Trust. Elections are being planned and as a Trust member, you will be able to vote for your chosen individuals to form the first BWFCST elected board. I know from being involved with and seeing the way the Steering Group are working towards this goal that the BWFCST will be a true and worthy organisation. Your Trust will represent the fans in ensuring that BWFC gains some stability after several years of decline, which culminated in the near winding up last week. I hope you share my feelings that OUR club must never again experience the disaster of nearly being wound up. So please help by turning your pledges into full membership now. Just follow the instructions below and join the BWFCST either online, by post or in person. You will be able to join the Trust before every game as there will be Trust members available in the FanZone to register your membership and answer any questions you may have.
If you have already turned your pledges into full membership, then thank you so much. But please don’t stop there. Why not persuade a few family members and friends to join you as a Trust member.
Please help your club to gain stability and sustainability – please join the Trust today!
Thank you so much,
(Proud fellow Super White!)
How to sign up to the Trust?
Signing up to the Trust can be accomplished multiple ways; through the website, via postal application or face-to-face in the FanZone.
Become a Trust member through the website by:
1) Access the www.BWFCST.co.uk website and click on the ‘Join The Trust‘ navigation menu.
2) Select the membership that’s appropriate for you (Adult/Under-16’s/Corporate).
3) Add the membership to your cart by pressing the ‘Sign up now’ button and proceed onto the checkout.
4) On the checkout, please either log into your account or register by inputting your details. Select the payment method you prefer from Direct Debit, Credit/Debit Card (facilitated by PayPal) or Direct Bank Transfer. Accept the Terms & Conditions and press the ‘Sign up now’ button again.
5) You will be taken securely onto your chosen payment methods processor that will prompt you for the details necessary to make payment.
6) Upon completion, you will receive an email confirmation of your membership. You can also manage your membership through your ‘My Account’ section on the website.
Please note that you can only buy 1 membership per order. If you are buying on behalf of a family member or friend, please amend the billing details on the checkout to their name.
Forgotten your password and need to reset it?
1) Access the Lost Password Page here: http://www.bwfcst.co.uk/my-account/lost-password/
2) Enter your email address associated with your account and click the ‘Reset Password’ button. An email will now be sent to your registered email address.
3) Check your mail inbox for a ‘Lost Password’ email from BWFCST. Click on the hyperlink which will return you to our website and ask you to enter a new password.
4) Once you have entered the new password, simply press the ‘Save’ button and your password will successfully be changed.
5) You can now log into your account again here: http://www.bwfcst.co.uk/my-account/
Alternatively, if you would like us to change your password on your behalf, please email us back with the password you’d like us to change it to and we will action your request accordingly.
Join the Trust via Postal Application or Face-to-Face:
If you wish to join the Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust by offline means, then please use the postal method or hand your application in locally at the BWDA at the Bolton Central shop.
To send your application via postal means please include your:
- Full Name
- Address & Postcode
- Email Address (Optional but recommended)
- Telephone Number (Optional)
- Type of Membership you wish to enlist in (Adult £10 / Under-16’s is free / Corporate Sponsorship £100)
Please post this application with your appropriate remittance to:
Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust
Alternatively, this application can be handed in at the Bolton Central shop to the BWDA or face-to-face at the FanZone where we’ll be located before every available home game.