Please note that our website may contain links to third party websites provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own website and advise you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of any other website you visit.
Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust (BWFCST) Our Responsibilities as Data Controllers
As the Data Controller, BWFCST is responsible for your personal information as submitted through the BWFCST.co.uk website. The information you submit is used to grant an annual subscription-based membership. With your consent, we also use your email to send newsletters.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Individual Rights
All BWFCST members can access, correct, update and delete their account information using the secure login area on our website or visiting our contact page and selecting GDPR Compliance Delete / Download Data Request.
Data Protection Officer Details
For questions regarding our use of your personal information please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details below:
Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust
Data Protection Officer
Information We Collect and How We Use It
When you sign up to BWFCST.co.uk for an online account we may collect and store any personal information you provide us with including name, email, telephone and address.
The main uses of your personal information are:
- to create a personal account profile
- to administer and provide an Annual Subscription Membership
- to communicate with your consent any news, events, products or services
How We Keep Your Personal Information Safe
The safety of your personal information is paramount to us. We have a dedicated IT department responsible for server and website security and also for maintaining and protecting your information in accordance to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.
We use a multi-faceted approach to securing our server and website known as “defense in depth”. Multiple layers of defense help us protect and maintain security and data.
All the security measures we implement below contribute to the security of our systems:
- Both hardware and multiple software firewalls at server and website level
- Antivirus software at server and website level
- Security hardened Linux server operating system with automated security updates
- Security hardened CMS website
- Routine manual server and website security reviews and updates
- Permanently monitored access to website to detect and prevent misuse of personal data
- Tightly restricted access to backend data on a “need to know” basis for maintenance, updates and security purposes only
- EV SSL, the highest level of security and protection implemented at checkout
For website members who have a personal password which enables you to view and amend account details and order history we advise you to keep this password confidential and do not share it with anyone.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse how you navigate this website during each visit.